The revival of older locomotives is part of the service we offer to clients. This would typically include:
- Buffer to buffer refurbishment
- Major and minor accident repairs
- Upgrade of all locomotives with proprietary digital control systems
- Rewiring of locomotives
- Modernisation of driver cabs.
By refurbishing locomotives the following benefits are achieved:
- The useful life of a locomotive is extended for a further period
- Initial high cost associated with an investment in new infrastructure is largely reduced
- System upgrades using the latest technologies could be achieved in as far as it would make economic sense to do so.